Directory of Legislation
On this page you will find a list of legislation and legislative instruments applicable to compliance management at UNE. Clicking on the name will take you to more information, where a link is provided. This may be an external website or document.
- UNE Academic and English Language Teaching Staff Enterprise Agreement 2020-2022 (Cth) - Level 1
- UNE Professional Staff Enterprise Agreement 2019 - 2022 (Cth) - Level 1
- Universities Governing Bodies (University of New England) Order 2016 (NSW) - Level 1On the 13th of July 2016 the Minister for Education made this Order in pursuance of section 4 of the Universities Governing Bodies Act 2011.
The objects of this Order are:
(a) to give notice of the terms of a governing body resolution made by the Council of the University of New England under section 4 of the Universities Governing Bodies Act 2011, and
(b) to set out the resultant amendments and necessary changes to the University of New England Act 1993 and the by-laws made under it specified in section 4 (4) (b) and (c) of the Universities Governing Bodies Act 2011.
- University of New England Act 1993 (NSW) (NSW) - Level 1An Act with respect to the constitution and functions of the University of New England. The Act sets out the object and functions of the University for the promotion of scholarship, research, free inquiry, the interaction of research and teaching, and academic excellence. The Act deals with procedural matters including constitution and membership of the University Council, Convocation and the Academic Board. The roles of the Chancellor, Deputy Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor are defined within the Act. Further, the Act defines the functions of the Council and the duties of Council members. The Act stipulates that a register must be maintained of the University's commercial activities and provides that the Minister may issue guidelines for the processes to be followed for the University's commercial activities (including due diligence, feasibility studies and risk assessments). The Council may be required from time to time to report to the Minister on the University's commercial activities. The Act has provisions for the University's Controlled Entities and requires that the governing bodies of the Controlled Entities are to provide regular reports to the University Council to enable appropriate oversight of business activities and performance.Under the Act, no person should be denied admission as a student of the University or be ineligible to hold office in, to graduate from or to enjoy any benefit of the University by reason of discrimination on the grounds of religious or political belief.The Act stipulates that the Seal of the University should be used only under the direction and resolution of the Council. University by-laws and rules may be made, varied and repealed by the University Council.
- University of New England By-law 2005 (NSW) - Level 1This By-law makes provision for the following:
(a) the recognition of additional staff members as members of the University,
(b) the terms of office of certain members of the Council,
(c) the number of external persons that are to be members of the Council,
(d) the method of election of the Chancellor, Deputy Chancellor and other elected members of the Council,
(e) the nomination procedures and method of appointment in relation to appointed members of the Council,
(f) additional staff members of Convocation,
(g) functions and other matters relating to Convocation,
(h) the constitution and functions of the Academic Board,
(i) the making of rules.
This By-law is made under the University of New England Act 1993, including sections 4, 9-11, 14, 15, 28 (the general power to make by-laws) and 29 and clauses 1 and 3 of Schedule 1.