The objects of this Act are to: Legislation, Standards and Codes may be linked to one or more of the University's compliance frameworks either as the driver of the requirements, or as a component of the framework. The relevant frameworks are listed below.
Local Land Services Act 2013 (NSW) - Level 4
1. establish Local Land Services (a statutory corporation) with responsibility for management and delivery of local land services in the social, economic and environmental interests of the State in accordance with any State priorities for local land services,
2. establish a governance framework to provide for the proper and efficient management and delivery of local land services,
3. establish local boards for the purpose of devolving operational management and planning functions to regional levels to facilitate targeted local delivery of programs and services to meet community, client and customer needs,
4. require decisions taken at a regional level to take account of State priorities for local land services,
5. ensure the proper management of natural resources in the social, economic and environmental interests of the State,
6. apply sound scientific knowledge to achieve a fully functioning and productive landscape,
7. encourage collaboration and shared responsibility by involving communities, industries and non-government organisations in making the best use of local knowledge and expertise in relation to the provision of local land services,
8. establish mechanisms for the charging of rates, levies and contributions on landholders and fees for services,
9. provide a framework for financial assistance and incentives to landholders, including, but not limited to, incentives that promote land and biodiversity conservation.
Relevant Compliance Frameworks
The objects of this Act are to:
The relevant frameworks are listed below.