Directory of Legislation
On this page you will find a list of legislation and legislative instruments applicable to compliance management at UNE. Clicking on the name will take you to more information, where a link is provided. This may be an external website or document.
- Game and Feral Animal Control Act 2002 (NSW) - Level 4An Act to manage and regulate the hunting of game; and for other purposes.
- Gas Supply Act 1996 (NSW) - Level 3The objects of this Act are as follows:
- to encourage the development of a competitive market in gas, so as to promote the thermally efficient use of gas and to deliver a safe and reliable supply of gas in compliance with the principles of ecologically sustainable development contained in section 6 (2) of the Protection of the Environment Administration Act 1991,
- to regulate gas reticulation and gas supply, so as to protect the interests of customers,
- to promote the safe use of gas.
- Gene Technology (Licence Charges) Act 2000 (Cth) - Level 3An Act to impose charges on licences issued under the Gene Technology Act 2000, and for related purposes.
- Gene Technology (New South Wales) Act 2003 (NSW) - Level 3An Act to apply the Gene Technology Act 2000 and the Gene Technology (Licence Charges) Act 2000 of the Commonwealth as a law of NSW.
- Gene Technology Act 2000 (Cth) - Level 3The Office of the Gene Technology Regulator (OGTR) was established under the Act to be responsible for a national scheme to regulate genetically modified organisms (GMOs). The Act requires institutions such as the University when undertaking research and development in genetic technology to be accredited by the OGTR and to ensure access to an Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) to supervise and monitor work within their institution in accordance with the Accreditation Guidelines. The Act prohibits persons from dealing with GMOs (eg. research, manufacture, production, release and import) unless the dealing is: exempt, a notifiable low risk dealing, on the Register of GMOs or licensed by the OGTR.
- Gene Technology Regulations 2001 (Cth) - Level 3Regulations made under the Gene Technology Act 2000
- Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW) - Level 1An Act to ensure open access to government information for the public by:
(a) authorising and encouraging the proactive public release of government information by agencies, and
(b) giving members of the public an enforceable right to access government information, and
(c) providing that access to government information is restricted only when there is an overriding public interest against disclosure.
- Government Information (Public Access) Regulation 2018 (NSW) - Level 1This Regulation is made under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009. It outlines some additional specific open access information of local authorities and ways to make this information available as well as relevant to the University:
- Additional open access information of certain agencies
- Annual reporting requirements under section 125 of Act
- details of exempt documents under interstate FOI legislation and corresponding laws
- identification of bodies declared to be public authorities
- access from gencies that are part of other agencies
- records in certain agencies
- schedules regarding 1. additional open access information and local authorities; 2. Statistical information about access applications to be included in annual report and 3. Agencies declared to be part of other agencies
This Regulation repeals and replaces the Government Information (Public Access) Regulation 2009.