Directory of Standards
On this page you will find a list of Standards applicable to compliance management at UNE. Clicking on the name of a standard will take you to more information, where a link is provided. This may be an external website or document.
- AS 1851-2012 Australian Standard - Routine service of fire protection systems and equipment (Cth) - Level 1This Standard provides a systematic basis for minimum routine servicing (inspection, testing, preventative maintenance and survey) to fire protection systems and equipment. It requires evidence, in the form of record sand reports of completion of the periodic inspection (including survey), testing and preventative maintenance activities required by the Standard.
- AS 3745-2010 Planning for emergencies in facilities (Cth) - Level 1This Standard outlines the minimum requirements for the establishment, validation and implementation of an emergency plan for a cfacility to provide for the safety of occupants of that facility and its visitors lead up to and during an evacuation. This includes: The formation, purpose, responsibility and training of the emergency planning committee, Emergency indentification, The development of an emergency plan, The development of emergency response procedures, The establishment, authority and training of an emergency control organization, The testing and validation of emergency response procedures and Emergency related training.
This Standard applies to buildings, structures or workplaces occupied by people, with the exception fo Class 1s buildings as defined in the Building Code of Australia, unless that dwelling is also used as a workplace.
- AS ISO 15489 Records Management (Int) - Level 1The Australian and international standard for records management, AS ISO 15489, provides guidance on creating records policies, procedures, systems and processes to support the management of records in all formats.
The standard provides a descriptive benchmark that organisations can use to assess their records management systems and practices. It is designed to help organisations create, capture and manage full and accurate records to meet their business needs and legal requirements and satisfy stakeholder expectations.
AS ISO 15489 is made up of two parts:
Part 1: s the actual standard. It provides a framework for records management
Part 2 is a technical report that provides practical guidance to help organisations implement the framework set out in Part 1.
- AS3806-2006 Australian standard - Compliance programs (Cth) - Level 1The standard provides principles for the development, implementation and maintenance of effective compliance programs within public and private organisations. These principles are intended to help organisations identify and remedy any deficiencies in their compliance with laws, regulations and codes, and develop processes for continual improvement in this area.
- Australian Accounting Standards (Cth) - Level 1The Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB) is the Australian Government agency (under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001) responsible under section 334 of the Corporations Act 2001 for making accounting standards.
Under that Act, other statutory functions of the AASB are:
- to develop a conceptual framework for the purpose of evaluating proposed standards.
- to formulate accounting standards for purposes other than that outlined in the Corporations Act 2001.
- to participate in and contribute to the development of a single set of accounting standards for worldwide use.
- to advance and promote the main objects of Part 12 of the ASIC Act, which include reducing the cost of capital, enabling Australian entities to compete effectively overseas and maintaining investor confidence in the Australian economy.