Directory of Codes
On this page you will find a list of Codes applicable to compliance management at UNE. Clicking on the name of a code will take you to more information, where a link is provided. This may be an external website or document.
- AIATSIS Code of Ethics for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research (Cth) - Level 3The AIATSIS Code outlines four principles that underpin ethical Australian Indigenous research; these are: Indigenous self-determination, Indigenous leadership, impact and value, and sustainability and accountability. Each principle frames a set of responsibilities for researchers, institutions and review bodies when conducting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander research.
- Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code (Cth) - Level 3The standards in the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code are legislative instruments under the Legislation Act 2003.
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Criminology Code of Ethics (Cth) - Level 3The Code of Ethics seeks to:
1. provide guidance to members of the Australian and New Zealand Society of Criminology Inc. (â€~the Societyâ€™) on how to comply with the aims of the Society and how to maintain the highest ethical standards in criminological work;
2. provide a framework of principles to assist members of the Society in making appropriate decisions in the practice of criminological research, writing, administration, and teaching; and
3. raise awareness of ethical issues which confront criminologists in Australia and New Zealand.
- Australian Code for the Care and Use of Animals for Scientific Purposes 2013 (Cth) - Level 3The Code encompasses all aspects of the care and use of animals for scientific purposes where the aim is to acquire, develop or demonstrate knowledge or techniques in any area of science-for example, medicine, biology, agriculture, veterinary and other animal sciences, industry and teaching. It includes their use in research, teaching associated with an educational outcome in science, field trials, product testing, diagnosis, the production of biological products and environmental studies. Compliance with the Code is a prerequisite for receipt of NHMRC funding. The Australian Code is incorporated by reference into the New South Wales Animal Research Regulation and is central to the conduct of animal research in NSW.
- Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research (Cth) - Level 2The Code sets out principles and responsibilities that both researchers and institutions are expected to follow when conducting research. The Code establishes a framework for responsible research conduct that provides a foundation for high-quality research, credibility and community trust in the research endeavour. Compliance with the Code is a requirement for receipt of National Health and Medical Research Council and Australian Research Council funding.